Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Silicon Chip

Roamed over the Find Friends link, thought over and clicked. Then i was shown with a list of people that the computer logically recognizes that i might know, based upon the assumption that i might know the friends of my friends, co-workers, schoolmates, living in the same city etc.... Where I do find people I know(well i should say i would like to get to know but I will, sometimes never get to know, though they are my silicon chip friends).

My cousin brother a cartoon fanatic gave me a this animated short drama called "South Park". Where the boy Stan(or that is what I remember his name was) is caught up on this social networking. The funniest part was where his dad sends him a friend request and he does not accept it. So his dad asks him "am I not your friend, aren't you gonna accept my request!"

There would be some phone numbers in our mobile address book that has not been never used and sometimes might not know who it may be! Well reflecting on the technology has it help the relationships to grow? what was the situation when there was no such connecting technology?

Era where there were no telecommunication, people used to write letters even from battlefields, no address there might not be a letter.  Today the letters are historical archives... Used to write when was in the college hostel and sure DID like it.. Darwin's theory of evolution does not only apply to living organism but in this situation it applied to the organism called "letters". It has given away its traits to the silicon chips and because it  has not adapted to the current changes, is becoming extinct.

As I devised a cunning plan to experiment why? I played an favorite song of mine "Cloud number 9" from the time I started to write this to see whether I would get fed-up. Well I surely did Its like drinking a glass of water for the 10th time.

Ahh.... but surely we cant be fed-up of water..no matter how many substitutes emerge...  the law of diminishing utility is only for the short-term.. I surely do pray that it is short-term and that none would find out that it is long-term... The Monkeys are not extinct :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment