Thursday, February 24, 2011

Held Up! An alternate visitor.

Ahh... was held up by a visitors(dishtv repairmen).... who in the end did not appear up to now. So I had to shift the plans of climbing, for tomorrow...

While waiting for them, the door bell rang, and I went outside to open the gate to see who was it. It was my dad. As he stepped closer towards the door there was something crawling on our veranda. There it was it was a small dark cobra. That one was a timid creature but usually aggressive and surely venomous.

He crawled under a mat which was laying there on the car porch floor. Dad was a person who had faced these kind of encounters in the past and he wanted it dead. Damn I killed it. It felt horrible to kill a living creature of the wild. This was not the first time we had an visitor from the wild. A different kind of snake appeared at the edge of our garden about a month ago and it took the same fate as this one.

There had been increased number of human versus animal encounters in recent past due to  mainly deforestation, and extreme weather situations. And incident like this will prevail in the future too.

I hope that i do not meet up with the mother of that cobra!!!! I am very sorry Mrs.Cobra... I really am. I was expecting a different visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment